Printed from the artwork of a Yellowknife based artist
Printed in-house on lovely Epson Ultra Smooth Fine Art Paper.
It is archival (acid-, lignin-, and chlorine-free; pH buffered with calcium carbonate);
100% cotton hot press;
and has a beautiful richness!
Prints are made using Epson Pigment Inks, which are tested and guaranteed not to fade for at least 120+ years.
All prints are signed and dated by the artist, and arrive sealed in a cello sleeve. Prints are shipped inside a protective stiff envelope.
1) Polar Bear - Part of the artist Spirit Animal series
2) Chilkoot Trail - The Chilkoot Trail was the route gold rushers took through the mountains from Dyea, Alaska to Bennett Lake on the way to Dawson City. In order to be allowed passage into Canada the Northwest Mounted Police required the rushers to carry 1000 pounds of gear with them over the pass so that they would be prepared for the Yukon winter.
This piece was part of a solo art show put together by the artisan called "Yukon Ho". So often in the history of the Yukon women remain anonymous, even though they played important roles. The artist wanted to honour these forgotten women by putting them back into the history of the Territory with her work.
3) Yukon Quest - The Yukon Quest is the hardest sled dog race in the world - 1000 miles between Whitehorse and Fairbanks. 2013 is their 30th anniversary.
4) Take Another Step - Take Another Step was originally designed to help raise funds for cancer research in connection to the Team in Training program for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
5) Raven and Wolf - This piece was inspired by a set of totems next to the Yukon River in downtown Whitehorse, Yukon